Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Gettin HIgh"

The colors surrounding me are brighter; the cold air is not uncomfortable but refreshing.

The beats in my head are mesmerizing.

No thoughts of any responsibilities- not kids, not work, definitely not money.

If life could always feel this free. If only I could hold onto to this feeling during the long days, during the hard times, when I feel like quiting.

Nothing matters for the time being, nothing but the lack of thoughts. A break from all things stressful, mundane, and just plain boring.

My mind is in the present, but my brain is blurred. My mind is not focusing only existing; and, my body is simply going through the motions of fast movement. Heart beating fast, short quick breathe, a nice change of pace.

"Gettin High"

Nothing beats a good run with your daughter's ipod.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree - I go for a run to switch off and just opt out for a while.

    Happy New Year!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete